Implant retained denture, All on 4 or All on 6
In the big family of dentures we distinguish two categories: removable dentures which are placed directly on the gum and fixed dentures which are placed on dental implants.
Costs and information
Duration of intervention: 2 hours
Type of implants: Classic (Crestal)
Cost of all-on-four/six:
|Duration of stay:
2 times 3 days
Usually, this treatment is not covered by health insurance. However, if your health plans includes it, you are entitled to get reimbursed as if you have had this surgery in your country. You don’t need any preliminary permission.
How to get reimbursed…
Full implant retained denture”All on four”
A denture retained on 4 implants, called also “all on four” is the absolute alternative of ordinary dentures for edentulous patients.It allows the replacement of all teeth by a denture fixed on four titanium implants. These dental implants implants dentaires are fixed in the jaw bone playing the role of natural root.
Even if its comfort is much better than removable dentures, All-on-4 still cannot compare with crowns over implants which have the same comfort as natural teeth. For this reason, All-on-4 or all-on-6 (over 6 implants) are not advised to patients under 50 years.
Steps of all-on-4 placement
- Surgeon proceeds to a preliminary exam (x-ray).
- Surgeon places the implants. See the implant placement procedure. Then imprint is taken and impression is made by the lab.
- 3 to 4 months after the implantation, surgeon fixes and adjusts the denture.
In which cases implant retained denture is recommended?
- For fully edentulous patients
- For partially edentulous patients
- For patients wishing to restore all their dentition
- For patients who don’t want to have bone grafting
- For those who would like an aesthetic and comfortable denture
Advantages of all-on-4
- Capacity to chew and bite without pain and discomfort.
- Aesthetic similar to natural teeth
- Stability and comfort
Disadvantages of all-on-4
- Pressure exerted on the bone.
- Comfort: More comfortable than a removable denture, it stays a large denture that cannot compare to implants + crowns (assembled in bridges)
- Rigorous cleaning, we recommend a fixation with clips so that the patient can remove the denture by himself for cleaning
Cost of implant retained denture All-on-Four
This solution is less expensive than implants + crowns. The cost is 3200 €, placement and the four implants included.
Get a quote